I absolutely love retellings, not that I need any excuse to read more books but I saw this challenge and decided that I definitely wanted to give it a go. I did mention it briefly in my round-up post of 2018 but I thought that I would try and get a reading list sorted so that I can hold myself accountable.
So in case you haven’t heard of the challenge before then you can head to the creator’s site at cornerfolds where you can find all the information and the sign up but here are the guidelines…
- This challenge will run from January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019.
- Books must be read and reviewed in 2019. (You don’t have to review books to count towards your goal, but you do have to review them if you want them to count as giveaway entries.)
- Audiobooks, e-books, re-reads, short stories, novellas, and graphic novels all count, and you can read adult, YA, and middle grade books for this challenge.
- It’s also totally fine to use books from this challenge to fulfill other reading challenges and vice versa.
- ALL retellings count!
- You don’t have to be a book blogger to participate! You can link up and track your progress on Goodreads, Instagram, Youtube, or wherever you share books!
- Sign up below with your post, shelf, etc. and leave a comment letting me know what your personal goal is.
- Link up your reviews each quarter on the post provided! (Bookmark this page to make sure you don’t miss a link-up!)CHALLENGE LEVELS
- Silent Assassin: 1-5 Retellings
- Warrior Princess: 6-10 Retellings
- Elemental Witch: 11-15 Retellings
- High Fae: 16-20 Retellings
- Fairest of them All: 21-25+ RetellingsRETELLINGS BINGO
- Each block describes a book or type of retelling. For example, “Bronte or Austen” means that you can read a retelling of a book by one of the Bronte sisters or Jane Austen to complete that category. “Debut author” means that you can read any author’s debut book.
- Getting BINGO (making a line vertically, horizontally, or diagonally on the card) will get you an additional 5 entries in the end of year giveaway!
- If you get a Bingo blackout (filling the entire card), you get an additional 10 entries in the giveaway!
I would love to complete the bingo card but since one of my goals this year is to not pressure myself I’m going to aim for at least three lines and then any more is a bonus.
I have managed to find a book for all the categories (only just) so here is what I’m hoping to read for this challenge…
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
The Enchanted Sonata by Heather Dixon Wallwork
Drown by Esther Dalseno
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
The Strange Case of the Alchemist’s Daughter by Theodora Goss
Geekerella by Ashley Poston
A Thousand Letters by Staci Hart
Trail of Lightning by Rebecca Roanhorse
A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
Circe by Madeline Miller
Wintersong by S. Jae-Jones
The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton
Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
Persephone by Kaitlin Bevis
The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
Hunted by Meagan Spooner
Ragnarök by Kai Mjaanes
Peter Darling by Austin Chant
Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
Girl Meets Boy by Ali Smith
Are any of you doing the challenge?