Today’s offering is Lemon Oat Cookies!! I got this recipe in high school it was the first thing I’d baked solo. It’s also the only recipe from the class that I kept because everyone in my family loves them. They are really simple to make but taste delicious!
- 40grams margarine
- 25grams caster sugar
- 5ml golden syrup
- 10ml lemon curd
- 50grams self raising flower, sieved
- 10grams oats
- Put the oven on at 180°C/350°F and grease a baking tray
- Put the margarine, sugar and syrup in a saucepan.
- Melt these together, then turn off the heat.
- Add the lemon curd and stir until it melts.
- Gradually add the flour and then the oats.
- Mix well, then spoon out a teaspoonful of the mixture, roll it into a ball with your hands and place it on the baking tray.
- Once all the mixture is used up put them in the oven for 20-25 minutes. They should look a golden colour.
I haven’t made these in a while but funnily enough I now really want some!!