I have been thinking a lot about my blogging habits lately and in the process of doing so have come to the conclusion that I am really quite a terrible book blogger. I’ve been making notes for at least a year but there have definitely been some corkers since the start of this year, as my personal life has started to get a bit hectic and I’m finding that I’m not quite as good at juggling as I thought I was.
I know what you are thinking why would I want to share with you these confessions, why not just keep it to myself so no one has to know…because sometimes I feel like I put too much pressure on myself and I’m sure there are others like me out there that feel the same way, so I am sharing my terrible moments to give you a bit of a laugh and so that those of you who also sometimes feel out of your depth can think…well at least I’m not as bad as that 😉
This is not an exhaustive list of indiscretions and most of them are to do with being part of blog tours when I have a deadline to stick to, but I think these rank quite high on the terrible book blogger scale…
- Being almost completely absent from the book blogging community, the wider blogging community too. This always makes me feel guilty because I do enjoy reading other people’s posts and commenting here and there but I spend so much time reading or putting my posts together that I don’t end up getting around to it.
- Forgetting to write down a date for a post or writing down the wrong date in my book blogging calendar and having to scramble to get a post put together, usually at 10pm when my brain is mush and everything about the internet suddenly becomes really difficult.
- Getting so behind on my reading schedule that I only manage to read half of a book, writing a review pretending like I finished the book and then going back and updating the review once I have finished it.
- Reading half a book but admitting it in the post and only reviewing that half of the book with the promise that I will go back and revise the review once I have finished the book. Not managing to pick the book up again for months later or never getting around to finishing the book.
- Reviews due that are written on my lunch break that I look back and cringe over because of all the spelling mistakes or accidentally getting a character’s name or title wrong.
- Staying up until 3 am to finish a book and write a review because I know that I don’t have any time to write the review on my lunch break the next day.
- I will preface this confession by saying that I did have quite a few issues with my kindle at the start of the year (don’t you just love it when technology lets you down) but I have used it as an excuse because I really just didn’t like the book and left it too late.
- Accidentally forgetting to download a book from Netgalley for a tour and when I noticed that I didn’t have it on my kindle and went to get it the book was archived. That was a tough one because I actually really wanted to read the book, I think I did the blame the kindle thing again.
- Once again being exceptionally last minute with reading and having to tell the publisher the day before the tour that I really couldn’t read the book but unfortunately doing it when I was having a tough day and unintentionally being a bit harsh about the book in the process.
- Not being able to finish a book for a tour but leaving it too late, as usual, panicking and then just casually missing my stop and hoping that no one noticed.
So there you have it, I feel a bit better getting that off my chest, although I feel like I should grovel at the same time…so here’s a cute cat to do it for me.
Here’s the real question though on a scale of one to ten how terrible a book blogger are you? 😉
5 thoughts on “ten confessions of a terrible book blogger”
That made me smile Kate! Think we’re all guilty of some of those at least 🙂
I’m glad ☺️ smiles was my aim
You won me over with the cat at the end, lol and as if i’ve been guilty of any of these things on the list😇
LikeLiked by 1 person
I knew the cat would do the trick ☺️ wish I could be that angelic 😂
Ha ha😂and it’s not easy, believe me, being a pillar of the blogging community and all, lol😇🙏
LikeLiked by 1 person